How does this role make a difference?
Our Support Services volunteers play an essential role in supporting our Day Centre staff to engage people with dementia in planned activities.
Our Day Centres vary from day to day, some days you could be helping with craft activities, cooking or just having a friendly chat with our Day Centre users.
What will I be doing?
You could be:
- Talking and listening to people with dementia
- Joining in with social activities such as arts & crafts and group games
- Encouraging Day Centre users to participant & share experiences
- Serving refreshments
You might be suitable if:
- Have an interest in supporting people with dementia
- interested to learn more about dementia
- A good listener
- Calm & patient
- Enjoy teamwork
How much time will I need to give?
Our day Centre is open 9:30 – 4:30 on the following days:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
We are looking for volunteers who are able to volunteer at any point during these days to help provide support.
Where will I be volunteering?
At our Day Centre in Midsomer Norton, Bath